150th Event at Heritage Center April 7, 2021
Open House 1-8 w/cupcakes or cookies
Program at 7:00 – Music, history and proclamation
Notification to Permitholders of Changes in Local Sales and Use Tax Rates Effective April 1, 2021
Effective April 1, 2021, the following changes will be made for local sales and use tax rates:
- Fordyce will start a city sales and use tax rate of 1%;
- Spalding will start a city sales and use tax rate of 1.5%;
- Gibbon, Guide Rock, and Hartington will each increase its rate from 1% to 1.5%; and
- Upland will increase its rate from 0.5% to 1.5%.
Fire Hall / City Hall Project
Thank you, Gibbon! The fire hall/city hall/community center project was approved by voters at the general election held on November 3rd. A half-percent increase in the sales tax rate was also approved to help fund the project. The sales tax increase will go into effect on April 1, 2021.
At the December council meeting, the council approved a resolution selecting the design-build contract delivery system for our building project. We have selected Dana Peterson, Design Build Procure, as our performance-criteria developer. We will be soliciting letters of interest later this month. This is the first step as we move forward with the building project.
Design-Build Timeline for fire hall/city hall/community center:
- February 4, 2021 – Notice of Letters of Interest
- March 18, 2021 – Request for Proposals (RFP)
- March 25, 2021 – Site Meeting with Design Builders
- July 1, 2021 – Interview Design Builders, Evaluate, and Award Contract
- August 15, 2021 – Begin Renovation/Construction on site