Newsletter Trivia Question
Trivia #3 Answer: Where does Christmas come before Thanksgiving— In the Dictionary! The winners were Faith United Church, Kevin M., Cory S., Hal P., Leslie Z., and Greg J. Great Job!!
Don’t forget to check out the back of the Utility Bills this month for the fourth trivia question! There is a spot to write your answer and can be dropped off with or without your payment at Gibbon City Hall between now and January 20th. The answer and winner(s) will be announced in the February newsletter!
Ordinance 94.50 requires the occupant of any lot(s) or the owner of any lot(s) within the corporate limits to clean any snow, sleet, mud, ice or other substance to accumulate on the sidewalk or remain on the sidewalks within 24 hours of a storm unless the City Council has provided otherwise.
All ordinances are posted on the City of Gibbon Website under Codes and Regulations.
Storm Water Information
Ordinance 94.77 SNOW, DEBRIS, AND THE LIKE ON STREET PROHIBITED.
Help protect our water and sewer resources:
· Do not rake, blow leaves, grass clippings or snow off your property into the street.
· If you have a mulching lawnmower, use it to recycle leaves and their nutrients into your lawn.
· Only apply fertilizers or pesticides if necessary and do not overapply.
· Select slow-release and organic fertilizers, which are less likely to wash away.
· Fertilize lawns in the fall to promote root growth and prevent nutrients washing away during spring rains.
· Do not dump yard waste, trash, or other waste near or into storm drains.
When a snow event occurs and the City declares a snow emergency, we need you to only use off-street parking to allow for complete snow removal. Snow emergencies will be publicized on the City’s website, Facebook page and on local radio/TV media.
LaBarre Street from Front to 7th Street
Front Street from Niles to West Avenue
7th Street from Garfield to Gibbon Road
West Avenue from Front Street to 7th Street
3rd Street from LaBarre Street to West Avenue
Court Street to HWY 30
Looking for the perfect gift this Holiday season? Come down or call City Hall at 308-468-6118 to get passes to the City of Gibbon Pool or Valley View Municipal Golf Course.
Pets Leash Law
Reminder of the Pets Leash Law for the City of Gibbon:
It is unlawful for an owner to allow animals to run at large.
Call the Buffalo County non-emergency line at 468-5556 to report animals running at large
Also, please remember to pick up after your pets.