March Meeting Changes
Changes to the regular scheduled meetings during the month of March 2023 are:
- Planning Commission Meeting will be at 6pm on March 6, 2023
- Cemetery Meeting will be on at 5pm on March 9, 2023
- Council Meeting will be at 5pm on March 13, 2023
Newsletter Trivia Question
Trivia #5 Answer: What famous person was born in Gibbon, NE? — Richard “Dick” Cavett! Winners were Dan R., Leslie Z., Rick C., Bonnie L., Justin D., Cliff G., Bev. V., Terry A., Jeff W., Dan D., Courtney W., Shaila D., Greg J., Kathy F., Mike and Tina S., and Ron C. Great Job everyone!!
Don’t forget to check out the back of the Utility Bills this month for the trivia question! There is a spot to write your answer and can be dropped off with or without your payment at Gibbon City Hall between now and February 20th. The answer and winner(s) will be announced in the April newsletter!
Employee Summer Help
The City of Gibbon is looking to hire summer help in the following areas: Swimming Pool, Parks Department, Cemetery, Utility Department and Golf Course.
Please contact City Hall at 308-468-6118 for more information.
Storm Water Information
Ordinance 94.77 SNOW, DEBRIS, AND THE LIKE ON STREET PROHIBITED.
Help protect our water and sewer resources:
· Do not rake, blow leaves, grass clippings or snow off your property into the street.
· If you have a mulching lawnmower, use it to recycle leaves and their nutrients into your lawn.
· Only apply fertilizers or pesticides if necessary and do not overapply.
· Select slow-release and organic fertilizers, which are less likely to wash away.
· Fertilize lawns in the fall to promote root growth and prevent nutrients washing away during spring rains.
· Do not dump yard waste, trash, or other waste near or into storm drains.
When a snow event occurs and the City declares a snow emergency, we need you to only use off-street parking to allow for complete snow removal. Snow emergencies will be publicized on the City’s website, Facebook page and on local radio/TV media.
LaBarre Street from Front to 7th Street
Front Street from Niles to West Avenue
7th Street from Garfield to Gibbon Road
West Avenue from Front Street to 7th Street
3rd Street from LaBarre Street to West Avenue
Court Street to HWY 30